Thursday 9 January 2014

Another Up , Up & Away card

I had already made Kate's up, up and away card (previous post) but when I saw this new Clarity hot air balloon stamp on tv last weekend I had to have it, it's so beautiful and part of Barbara Gray's lovely Filigraphy series of stamps

. I love hot air balloons and I also love zentangle .. a form of doodle art so this is right up my street!!

I love making this type of card as it uses just a blank white card, some stamps, masks and inkpads, seeing the scene develop in front of your eyes gives me a real buzz. All the stamps used here are Clarity stamps and it was watching Barbara Gray's tutorials that first got me hooked on this form of scene building. For this card I have stamped the image of the balloon 3 times ; first onto the base card embossed in silver, then twice onto vellum with versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder, I coloured these images on the back with oil pastels and used a tissue dabbed with white spirit to spread the colour. I cut the whole balloon section out of one image and then just the upper part of the balloon from the second to give a 3d effect, here is a closeup:



Before building up the balloon I created my background scene using masks to create the clouds and hills. As I was cutting out the balloon sections I could see that there were other possibilities using this lovely stamp, can't wait to give them a go.

That's all for tonight, I have been a good little blogger this week, two posted so far and another scheduled for tomorrow. Bye for now xxx Annie



1 comment: