Saturday 16 November 2013

Stained Glass Madeleine

I saw Barbara Gray's tutorial on a new technique this morning and couldn't wait to have a play. I tried the technique with various stencils I had but decided the beautiful Madeleine one gave me the best result. Here she is:

 
I can't tell you much about how I did it, but I know I started as Barbara does with Titanium Buff Acrylic paint then when I took off the first print  I had an idea where I wanted to put my pink, gold and white paint in relation to her skin, hair etc. But still she looked a bit washed out so I tinted her with adirondak ink to highlight, the flower, her hair and the background in front of her face.
 
This photo doesn't show the shimmer and texture that you can see 'in the flesh' so to speak.
 
Must dash to watch Strictly Come Dancing.. enjoyed my play today xxx Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment