Friday 1 March 2013

I'm a bit excited ....

 
 
 
 

Imagine how excited I was when I saw the email from Sazzle and then when I saw it written in black & white that I had been randomly selected to be Featured Guest Designer on the Fancy & Fussy Friday Blog challenge. After all it was the first time I had entered a crafty challenge , it was just a whim  and I never win anything or get chosen for anything.

Then the panic set in what was I going to do ...  subject was Pink & Black... then I remembered the new Just Rite lacey stamps I had recently bought, so I set to and this is what I came up with.
I stamped the lace background stamp and medallion stamp onto blush coloured card with black versafine ink, then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I handcut the background out and used a die to cut out the medallion, they were then matted & layered onto 2 shades of pink, a silver & black mat

I started making various flowers but none of them were quite right and then I remembered the coredinations ebony & ivory pad I had in my stash. I diecut the bigger spellbinders bitty blossoms  and sanded them back to show the pink core. A couple of swirls, hatpins and a satin bow and I was done


 
a couple of extra photos of the flowers.
 
I must thank  Sheryl Cauble from Fussy & Fancy Friday Challenge for explaining what I  needed to do
 
Hope you give this challenge a go and hope you all enjoy it as much as I did, I look forward to seeing your entries... so Good Luck ... xxx Annie

4 comments:

  1. Annie, what a great card for your guest designer spot over at Fussy and Fancy. I'm loving those lace stamps and those flowers.

    Thanks for sharing your talents with us :-)


    xx Sazzle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie!! WOW!! What a gorgeous design!! I love the lace design and your take of the colors is brilliant!! :) Thanks so much for joining us as GDT!!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratualtions on your win! Your card is gorgeous! :) hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete